I’m building Made By Caitlyn with sustainability in mind. It’s important to me that I framework my business sustainably because I know my actions impact our planet and people. My entire production ecosystem is to mitigate impact on the environment. This starts with where materials come from, how they are processed, working conditions and overall contribution to climate change.
- All orders are shipped in eco friendly bubble mailers, being made with recycled content and post-consumer waste. Sometimes you will find plastic bubble wrap in your orders and this is because I reuse packaging supplies that I receive in the mail. I hope each packaging material that you receive from me, in return you can reuse before throwing out or recycling.
- My marine grade cord is manufactured in the USA
- My lampwork beads are handcrafted by talented independent artists one bead at a time in Canada
- My authentic sea glass pendants are hand collected on our planet's shorelines worldwide. Seaglass is trash that ends up in our oceans and with the tide, sand and rocks it turns into sea glass over time!
- My wax cord is manufactured in Brazil and goes through a rigorous sustainability process. This process, standards and quality is certified.
- Seed beads are manufactured in the Czech Republic. This manufacturing facility goes through a rigorous sustainability process. The company has a variety of different certifications to ensure quality and standards are being upheld and sustainable.